Monday, January 21, 2013

Leaving the States

I leave tomorrow! WHAT?!!! There is so much to do!

I know ya'll are wondering, "Paris, what happened to all the boxes in your room?" (see previous post)

I UNPACKED THEM!! I had wonderful assistance from my mom, of course. It was a miracle that everything fit in my room and within the house. When did I get so much stuff anyway?

And now. I pack.

But first, I think I need to introduce you to a few people.

My family:
From left to right: Mom, Brother 2, Brother 3, Me, Dad, Brother 1

That's us! Aren't we a good looking bunch?!

And, I have fun news! My dad is accompanying me to Europe! We are leaving a week early to spend a few days in London, Rome, and then taking a train to my final destination. Florence.

I can not wait until I get there. I am so excited! Everyone is so supportive of me, which makes it so much more easier emotionally to leave. Also, my boyfriend has already been in Italy the past week.

...Wait.. What?!!

I know, Sorry. More introductions.

This is us. Me. And my handsome boyfriend, Will.

Will and I are both studying abroad in Italy this semester (be prepared to hear a lot more about Will). What are the odds? 

I went to Europe in 8th grade, and ever since I came back I dreamed of returning to Italy. I ended up becoming an Art Major and am a tad over due for my study abroad experience. Since my school doesn't offer semester programs through the University I am going through an affiliated program. The fact that Will is also studying abroad in Italy (in a town 40 min from me) makes my mom feel much more confident of my safety. 

Let's get to know a little more about Will, shall we?

When asked how/when I would introduce him in my blog he also sent me the introduction he wanted me to use. It went something like this:

"So I actually have a secret, I'm not totally alone in Italy. It turns out my totally hot boyfriend is living 45 minutes away in a small town of Arezzo. Hopefully if everything works out, I'll see him a good number of times, because I mean we are in Italy! It's the most romantic place in the world!"

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is Will at his finest. Always making me laugh.

Anyways, back to packing! Writing this post is effectively helping me procrastinate. Packing is no fun. I am so worried I will take the wrong things. This past week, I've laid in bed at night and thought about what clothes I should take. First world problems. Am I right?

One step of the packing process

The past week has been pretty rough, if I can be honest. But, God is good and it went by much quicker than I anticipated. Now one of the only emotions I feel is excitement. The week was filled with dread, sadness, fear, anxiety. So many feelings that were gone when I woke up Sunday and realized the week passed.

Other things have come up as well. My dad discovered yesterday that his drivers license was out of date. Oops! That is convenient since today is Martin Luther King Day and the DMV is closed. I hope he can get it renewed before our flight out at 11am tomorrow morning!

I still have packing in front of me, and I'm also getting sick (thanks mom). Running last minute errands helps keep my mind off of the awfulness that is packing. I cant believe it is finally here!

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow.....









No comments:

Post a Comment